Drunken Philosophies and Rantings

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nothing going on at work yet, so my boss has given me new software specifically for web design. It's kinda cool but a little out of my league as well. We'll see. She wants to see something preliminary by noon, and so far I have a decent template layout, but without any pictures or decent photo-shop on my work computer, I cannot make anything too complex and it kind of stinks. Meh...
Anyway, I had a pretty decent holiday weekend. For the most part I hung out with Goober on Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday. We went to the Reds game on Sunday afternoon and baked in the blistering sun for three hours only to see our Reds lose again. That's alright, I suppose. I am now six and three when it comes to winning home stand visits. With the Reds record at home this year, this isn't too bad, as they have a losing record at home this year (how sad is that?) The rest of the time Goober and I pretty much hung out, watched a few movies, and visited BP for a bit.
On Monday night, I went out with Steven to a block party where we saw a neighborhood firework display, which was incredibly impressive, near his parents house. The hodge podge of fireworks brought by those in attendance (people who came from all over just threw their fireworks into a community pile and a few of the drunkards set them up with timers and etc.) had a price range of ten thousand dollars or so. These people went ridiculous with their spending I think, especially for only about ten - twenty minutes of loud explosions. But I didn't spend a dime and the show was quite good, so why should I care, right? Well, it was the first time in a while where I got really drunk, and nothing says "Happy Birthday America" like killing many brain cells, right? He he he
Other than that, it was pretty all around relaxing this weekend. For the most part, since it was a four day holiday for me, it seems that my vacation is just now finally over after two weeks. Ah well, it was a good run. Well, I better get back to it.
-sib-

4 Feedback:

Blogger miss v wrote...

Ten thousand dollars for a bunch of fireworks?
*stunned*
That must have been some display...

July 05, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger badkitty wrote...

This time you cant blame me, i wasnt even in Ohio...

July 06, 2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger SuperInsignificantBoy wrote...

yes, you've solved my long kept secret...
I am my own bad luck...
that's right, it was a secret...
*cough*

July 07, 2006 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

your weekend sounds better than mine!

July 08, 2006 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home