Drunken Philosophies and Rantings: Oh if complaints worked the same way as wishes do in a fairy tail, I'd still complain I didn't have enough wishes...

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Oh if complaints worked the same way as wishes do in a fairy tail, I'd still complain I didn't have enough wishes...

I used to have a theory, used to being the key phrase, about space, time, and the whole sha-bang. “Sha-bang” being the very sound the universe made when it decided to just appear out of nothing (instead of the widely-believed tiny *pop* like two lips smacking together). Yes, you increasingly intelligent folks, I was just talking about the Big Bang.

Hmm… what’s that? Increasingly intelligent… what did I mean by this? Well, you guys are reading my blog, and that has got to increase your intelligence by some margin.

Oh… wait… it appears that the nominal increase is only due to an accidental delusion of intelligence between the two of us. It happens when anyone is near me. It is one of the universe's fundamental natural laws. If one stands next to an idiot, they naturally appear smarter. The same reason pretty girls travel in packs of mediocre ones. It accents them within the crowd. It seems that this rule applies to reading as well. If one reads unintelligent prattle, then this will easily make them appear brighter.

So, this is a great reason to continue on reading after I get off this particular diatribe. After all, an illusion of gained intelligence is better than not. It boosts the self-esteem. And lord knows, even if you stumbled onto my site or you are a frequent click-by, your self esteem could use some boosting if you’re reading other peoples private journals instead of getting outside and living your life. That said I shall regress to what I wanted to say before my snide comment…

As I was saying before, I had this particular theory about the universe that I wanted to share. It’s no great secret that the universe exploded on the scene about 15 billion years ago and has been expanding (and even gaining speed) ever since. Nor is it a great secret that some scientist believed that it would perhaps collapse in on itself again eventually (the it being the universe not the scientists, silly). Some scientist even believed that this had happened many times over.

Expand, collapse, expand, collapse, expand and so on…


There are an absolute infinite number of times the universe could have preformed the oh-so-great “appearing and disappearing” act. And every time an infinite number of possibilities and probabilities could have taken place. Even Earth, as we know it, may have been before and gone, once upon another universal life-time ago. Some believe that we as humans may have even been before (or some other intelligent creature). The possibilities are infinitely imaginable. Though this train of thought is so absolutely abstract and obtuse, it is fun to play with.

Everyone has heard of the cliché, “History repeats itself.” Or at the very least I hope they have. Well, the theory I am about to present is nothing short of the ultimate use of that cliché. Imagine, hypothetically, assuming that the universe expands and collapses unto itself every-so-often (in universal time-line terms), that because the natural laws of physics, ones that we know and do not yet know, the universe will always explode, expand, and ultimately collapse always in the same fashion every time. Imagine that the Earth as we know it is always within the universe’s grand equation. Though chaotic as it may seem in the looking at the progression of something so innately transcendent as this in its total scale, when one takes a snap-shot of a snap-shot of a snap-shot of the accidental collisions and riffraff floating through space, the organization of natural laws/physics/mathematics is present.

Because negatively charged dust particle A always collided with particle B and its brothers, because a star was born, and because eventually the gravity of this star slingshot Asteroid XP39-2 always into some lonely moon scattering its particles into space, one millennium away, a new, medium sized star grew in a spiral galaxy and held itself, via gravity, nine planets of its own. And just the same, because the third barren planet, perfectly formed and was gravitationally held both close and away, tilted (due to another collision with another planet on the same orbital pattern) just the right way, it always produced life that eventually always became us. And due to natural social laws and animal behavior, a natural selection process that constantly produced the same outcome; we, you and I have always had this very same interaction.


Now, though the notion is quite one of want, it is quite improbable. Yet, it could help to explain the paranormal. It could give some credence to psychics, ghosts, and perhaps even deja vu. But again, this theory is one of incredible improbability. For anyone who has stepped within some sort of lab or at least participated in some sort of experiment, then one would know that there are many different variables that can change the results of the simplest of experiments. Also too, a fallacy stated above, that in natural selection, never does it always produce the same results, even in a restrictive, static environment. Nature just wouldn’t allow it to be so. Though nature can appear quite organized under a microscope, looking into a field from far away we can easily see it to be wild.

There is also another reason my hypothetical explanation could never be. Like always, anal as I am about being correct about all things, I researched a bit before I sat down to write out this entry (just by doing so completely transformed this essay). I found out that most astronomers believe now that the universe is flat. And because it is flat, they have their magical minds and mathematics as proof, it means that the universe is extremely unlikely to collapse in upon itself. Don't ask me how I know this, just take my word or research it yourself if your so great with Greek-lettered physics (the website I visited had the actual equations with the explanation).

So, though the thought and delusion I once held seems like a delectable treat for my imagination, and I might use it as a vehicle one day in one of my fictional stories, the idea is totally bunk. If this were Discovery Channel show, then a big metallic image would stamp itself across my site saying the words, “Busted” right about now. But as it’s not, I’ll rely on the old Saturday morning public announcement star to shine bright instead .

0 Feedback:

Post a Comment

<< Home