Drunken Philosophies and Rantings: Addicted to Cinnamon Sticks

Monday, May 07, 2007

Addicted to Cinnamon Sticks

I actually think I might quit this time...
It’s been about four days and no real panic/anxiety/nicotine-what-ever-the-fuck-attacks...
I am trying out a new drug called Chatix...
it works pretty well... it keeps me from enjoying the cigarettes even if I smoke them...
I can even drink and not feel the pangs and wants for a cigarette...
(Well, except for Pepsi... had to give it up for awhile... it's one of my biggest triggers... for the best really...)
Perhaps it really is the medicine (it really is)... but just to be difficult, what has also helped me along is a little something for curbing nicotine cravings I picked up from a friend back in high school. My friend told me that while his dad was trying to quit smoking (cold turkey... as all the prescription drugs had not been invented yet) he used to chew on cinnamon sticks... the kind you buy at the grocery store, in the produce department... My friend, Dan, said that though his dad gave up smoking, he never gave up the habit of chewing on those sticks... Now I can see why...
They are addicting...
Besides the cinnamon/barkish flavor that these nico-free treats provide, they also provide me with an essential means to keep my fingers busy...
So, I suppose I am here to not only to promote the good of Chantix, but also that, for those who may not be able to afford it, a substitute, a secret, cinnamon sticks do the trick...
I just hope the Surgeon General doesn't come out with a warning about cinnamon now...

0 Feedback:

Post a Comment

<< Home